Get a Test API key for our Sandbox Environment and try out our WhatsApp Business API.
What you can do in the Sandbox
- You can use the Test API-KEY to send text messages and text templates to your own phone number.
- An unlimited amount of messages can be sent with the sandbox.
- Your phone number acts like a user and can send and receive messages.
- The number can be a landline number, as long it is able to use WhatsApp.
- You can switch the endpoint at any time. If you don’t have one yet you can use a free service like RequestBin to set up an endpoint.
- Each Sandbox API Key is linked to one phone number and you can only send test messages to that phone number. If you wish to test messages with more than 1 number then it is advised to set up a test WhatsApp Business Account (Staging WABA) to use instead of the Sandbox.
What you can’t do with the Sandbox
- The Sandbox is a test environment only. You will not be able to use it to send messages to your clients. You can only send messages to your own phone number.
- Media download and upload are not supported yet (coming soon).
- Templates messages can be sent a maximum of 10 times. You can choose between 2 predefined templates.
- Messages and Templates can be sent only to your own phone number.
- We will only forward and trigger an API when your given number is involved.
- We do not yet provide response information when you use the WhatsApp API.
- You only have access to the WhatsApp API.
- Our Sandbox is available to test via the API, but any automated tests would have to be configured from your end.
1. Get a Test API Key
To get a test API-KEY you can either
Send a WhatsApp message from your phone to the phone number 4930609859535 with the content START
or You can use this link: https://wa.me/4930609859535?text=START https://wa.me/4930609859535?text=START
As a response, you will receive your TestAPI-KEY.This API-KEYis associated with your phone WhatsApp number. Now you are able to use the 360dialog WhatsApp API. You can set your own Webhook or send an unlimited number of messages and limited (10) templates.